Since we recommenced Friday evening sessions there have been developments in the local COVID-19 situation, Government requirements and Royal Lifesaving Society (RLSS UK) guidance.
Governmental restrictions on public activity had relaxed, but COVID-19 cases are still high. As a result the Club's governing body, RLSS UK, urge us to continue delivering our sessions in the same COVID safe manner as we have been these past few months. Their guidance is that we should not relax COVID protection measures for the time being. The Club Management Committee fully support the RLSS UK position on this matter and asks that the following procedures continue to be followed before and during Club training at Summerfields Leisure Centre:
1. Before the first Friday of each month when you transfer / pay the monthly swimming contribution we ask you to complete our COVID-19 declaration form. The link is: https://www.hastingslifeguards.org.uk/covid-declaration/
There is now just one form to cover a family with up to 5 Club members and up to 4 accompanying adults.
As a committee we feel this reminds everyone of the guidance and gives those members, both young and adult, who are deemed medically vulnerable, some reassurance.
1. The Leisure Centre have removed the one-way system but we ask members to give people ‘space’ and maintain some social distancing. We have had young members test positive and others required to self-isolate so we still need to protect those more vulnerable amongst us.
2. All those aged over 11 years please wear a face covering unless swimming or exempt. (We understand that Freedom Leisure will be asking customers to do so as well). This applies in all areas of the leisure centre.
3. Use hand sanitiser on entry to the centre. Some is provided by the centre for your convenience.
4. Pay attention to signs posted around the building by centre management.
5. The RLSS guidance asks us to continue to make COVID-19 adaptations to awards to ensure the safety of those taking part. This means that ‘close contact’ lifesaving skills will still not be taught. However, we are able to continue with the awards that we have developed, supported by a certificate and badge at each level. With this in mind all members are asked to bring their ‘complimentary’ T-shirt for use in the pool.
6. We will also keep the groups apart as far as it’s practical.
1. Avoid unnecessary use of the changing facilities. Arrive with swimwear underneath your clothes if possible as the previous group will be in the changing rooms.
2. Use the shower briefly before going on poolside.
3. On leaving the pool get changed and leave the building without delay.
Parents and guardians please;
1. Please wear face coverings in the reception and café area and maintain some social distancing.
2. The gallery may be used once cleared of people from the group using it prior to HLG.
3. Clean the area where you have waited with the materials provided by the centre.
Most importantly please do not attend Summerfields Leisure Centre if you are required to self-isolate. See https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/ for up-to-date details.
The Clubs’ Management Committee appreciate your support for everyone’s safety by keeping these measures in place. With the high infection rates locally and with the increased level of risk of the new Omicron variant we feel this is the correct action. We will review procedures in line with Government Guidance.
Thank you for your cooperation and support.
Diary Dates 2024:
Annual Subscriptions Due
Annual General Meeting @ 8pm
Back to Summerfields
Hastings Rowing Regatta
Sunday 23rd June 2024
Bexhill Rowing Regatta
Mon 24th - Fri 28th June 2024
Safety In Action, The Ridge Fire Station
Sat 10th & Sun 11th August 2024
Rural Past Times
Use 'Easy Fundraising' to help raise funds for the Club - Search --> Hastings & St. Leonards Voluntary Lifeguards
Use 'Give As You Live' to help raise funds for the Club - Search --> Hastings & St. Leonards Voluntary Lifeguards